Automations, SMS Marketing and Customer Communication
- Andy Blechman
In this webinar we reviewed how to amplify your marketing funnel using automations and segmentation. We also discussed different ways to personalize drops to make customers feel more connected to your meal delivery business.
You can listen to the full webinar here.
4 takeaways from the webinar:
- Segmenting allows you to create different types of messages to customers along their purchasing journey and throughout the lifecycle of their interaction with your brand.
- Creating smart lists is a way to segment users in Bottle. Link
- Using the abandoned cart automation lets you retarget customers who haven’t checked out. Link
- Win back campaigns can target customers that haven’t ordered in a certain period of time. For example, create a segment of past customers who last placed an order 6 months ago and send them a discount code.
- We also encourage meal delivery customers to send a new customer automation upon signups, which can be found and customized in the store tab.
- Our new automations tab is a clean way to send customers emails on a one time and recurring basis. We're hoping this makes the experience of scheduling a new automation for an abandoned cart message or a delivery reminder much smoother. This update also makes it easier for us to allow for other types of automations in the future. So keep your eye out!
- Nurturing leads throughout the purchasing funnel is a best practice of the top meal delivery companies. We encourage vendors to engage in personal outreach and with timely replies.
- One way to do this is by creating a sign up form, which encourages a potential customer to join your list before placing an order. It's a great way to start engaging with customers, and to build a mailing list for people who aren't ready to buy just yet. Follow this link for more instructions on the sign up form feature. We encourage you to engage this customer segment which can be found as a “Mailing List” in the Customers tab.
- One of the biggest advantage that a local business has is that personal relationship with customers.
- Personalize messages with a blend of 1-1 and automated messaging.
- One way to personalize is by using replacement variables so messages have an element of personalization.
- When sending weekly reminder drops we recommend using a little personalization and keeping the message to 5-7 lines. Emojis and menu highlights can also help conversion.